CLAN-MACQUEEN-L Archives

Archiver > CLAN-MACQUEEN > 2011-03 > 1301344678

From: Bob McQueen <>
Subject: [Clan-MacQu] Clan McQueen Chief passes away
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 09:37:58 +1300

I am sad to report the death of the Chief of Clan McQueen on March 18,
2011. John Alexander McQueen (1924 - 2011) was the 13th Clan Chief, a
direct descendant of the first chief, Donald McQueen, who died in 1623.
John Alexander McQueen lived in Ohope Beach, near Whakatane, New Zealand.
His funeral was held on March 23, 2011 in Whakatane. He is survived by his
wife Marion, two daughters and son Iain Grant William McQueen.

Iain Grant William McQueen became the 14th Chief of Clan McQueen on John's
passing. Iain resides in Minlaton, South Australia, and can be reached by
email on

Iain has two sons.

A short summary of further information on the Clan McQueen Chiefs can be
downloaded from http://www.mngt.waikato.ac.nz/bmcqueen/webdocs/mcqueen/

The wikipedia entry for Clan McQueen has some information on Clan McQueen
at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan_Macqueen

As you may know, about 1/3 of Scottish clans have "official" endorsement
from the Lord Lyon in the UK as having a Chief, and about 2/3 do not. This
latter group are called armigerous clans, and Clan McQueen is one of this
group. There has been some discussion about preparing a formal application
to the Lord Lyon to validate our hereditary Chief, now Iain Grant William
McQueen, and I would be pleased to hear from list members who would have
experience in this process or who might suggest ways to raise the funds
necessary for putting this application forward.

Bob McQueen

This thread: