CLANBOYD-L Archives

Archiver > CLANBOYD > 2005-12 > 1135747171

From: "Jan Curtis" <>
Subject: Re: [Boyd] Genealogy
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 22:19:31 -0700

No, I think her father was James Taylor, who lived in King & Queen County,
Virginia. He left a daughter "Jane" land in Spotslvania County.

And lo & behold Anthony & Jane lived on the same land. She was a 2nd wife.
Anthony had 5 children - twins - Anthony Jr. & William, daughter Elizabeth,
daughter Sarah, and the youngest son John.

When Anthony died, he left "bed & furniture" and "3 slaves each" to the 4
older children.....but he FORGOT youngest son John (Jane's son). Jane
jumped in after Anthony died, wrote a new Will, and gave all the land &
negroes to her "beloved son John." I have her Will, and Anthony's.

She died a few years later. Her side-saddle for her horse riding, puter,
silver, etc., was sold later....to keep her in an old folks home.....not by
her kids, they were scattered. But there was a court appointed guardian for
her estate.

Jan