CLARK-CHAMPAIGN-L Archives

Archiver > CLARK-CHAMPAIGN > 2009-02 > 1234799849

From: Connie L Moore <>
Subject: Re: [CLARK-CHAMP] Huffman photo
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:57:29 -0500

Thanks June for the reply about Effie Huffman.
I don't know if she is related to the Huffman house
people on Lower Valley Pike or not. We are new
to this type of research and just know that Effie lived
in North Lewisburg in 1909 and looks to be about
25-30 in the photo. We know she is some relation
but just not how. Our Moores are from Butler/
Preble county area.
Thanks again.
C Moore

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 19:53:22 -0500 "June E. Hulit" <>
writes:
> Am sorry I cannot help you........I will be researching the
> Moore/McCutheon
> family but am just beginning. You mentioned Huffman........is this
> Huffman
> any relation to the family that had the "Huffman" house on Lower
> Valley Pike
> in Springfield?
>

> I grew up near there and my family were friends with the folks who
> lived in
> the Huffman House at the time (McCain and Zirkle). The small farm
> that my
> grandfather owned, at the time, contained the Huffman Cemetery
>
> which was destroyed by vandals. What few pictures a friend of
> mine had
> taken of some of the headstones
>
> in the Huffman cemetery, I turned over to the Clark County
> Historical
> Society sometime ago.
>

> June E. Hulit (Geron/Fort/Moore/McCutcheon)

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw4ENcjiqUVIfTa2Nbfz9lm3E
P33