CLARK-GA-L ArchivesArchiver > CLARK-GA > 2003-04 > 1051536492
Subject: [CLARK-GA] Ben Clark and family of Murray/Walker/Catoosa/Whitfield Co.
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:28:57 EDT
The parents of my GA Clarks: Benjamin was born 1755 or before and died in
1814 in Haywood Co. NC. He married Mary Unknown, who may have been a 2nd.
wife. Children Zachariah b 1781-1783 went to MO. , Unk son b 1784-1790,
Elizabeth who married James Walker, Benjamin b May 31, 1793 m. Lucy Dalton
went to GA, Richard R. b Mar. 13, 1795 m. Frances Rogers remained in Haywood
Co. NC, William b. 1798 who m. Charlotte Unk.remained in Haywood Co. NC,
Alford/Alfred L. m. Cassia McMillian went first to TN then GA, Sarah b. 1813
m. James Grigsby went first to TN then to MO, and Charlotte b. 1814-1815
appears in 1850 Census of Walker Co. GA with bro. Ben F. Clark, no further
info on her.
After the 1830 Census of Haywood Co. NC, Benjamin F. and Lucy Dalton Clark
went to Cocke Co. TN. They were there when son John Jason was born. By 1832
they were in Murray Co. GA. Benjamin appears in the 1834 Census of Murray
Co. GA with 12 people. 10 of these are his own family, plus son-in-law John
S. Martin. I do not know who the other two people are.
BEN F. CLARK, Jr. b.5/31/1793 Buncombe Co. NC d. 12/6/1877 Ringgold, Catoosa,
GA married 10/3/1814 LUCY DALTON b.7/26/1795 d. 1/8/1882 Ringgold, Catoosa,
1. MARY TRUSSELL CLARK b. 9/3/1816 m. 9/24/1824 Murray Co. GA. JOHN SWAIN
MARTIN. Mary and John had 9 children. After the death of John in 1879 Mary
and some of her children are found in the 1880 Census of Johnson Co. ARK.
2. ZACHARIAH DALTON CLARK b.11/23/1818 d.9/22/1895 Dalton, Whitfield, GA m.
HARRIETT N. KERLIN . They had 7 children, one son died early, the rest were
3. MYRA S. CLARK b. 9/20/1821 d. 10/22/1899 Chattanooga, Hamilton, TN m.
FRANCES "FRANKLIN" WILLIAMS. They had 7 children
4. LUCY MINERVA CLARK b.6/16/1823 d.1/22/1901 Catoosa Co. GA m. HEZEKIAH
MARTIN WARD. They had 6 children
5. BENJAMIN MITCHELL CLARK b. 12/5/1825 d. 4/1/1893 Meridian, Bosque, TX m.
SALINA RHODES BIRD. They had 9 children. By 1880 they are in Benton Co.
ARK, then on to Bosque Co. TX.
6. WILLIAM STRANGE CLARK b. 5/5/1828, m. SICELY JONES 8/28/1855. They had 9
children. This is my direct line and the one I am having the most trouble
with. They are in the 1880 Catoosa Co. GA Census, then in the 1900 Whitfield
Co. GA Census but have not been able to find William and Sicely anywhere
after that. A grandson William Samuel Clark went to TX.
7. JOHN JASON CLARK b.5/6/1861 Cocke Co. TN d. 9/29/1912 Bradford Co. Fl. m.
Jane Ware. They had 11 children. In 1870 John and Jane left GA with Bob
Ware family and went to FL.
8. ALFORD WASHINGTON CLARK b. 1/16/1834 Murray Co. GA d. aft 1910 m. 1st.
SARAH E. NATIONS, they had 8 children, m. 2nd. MARY "MOLLIE" GRIFFIS.
9. DAVID C. PORTER CLARK b. 4/20/1836 Murray Co. GA d. 5/8/1906 Tunnel Hill,
Whitfield Co. GA m. Emma "Emily" Smith Huffaker. they had 5 children