CLARK-L Archives

Archiver > CLARK > 2007-03 > 1175225160

From: ,
Subject: [CLARK] Sylvester CLARK Biography, b. NY to WI
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 03:26:00 -0000

Author: RMunns7272
Surnames: Clark, Simon
Classification: biography

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.clark/12072/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

>From "History of La Crosse County, Wisconsin", 1881, p. 746.

City of La Crosse

SYLVESTER CLARK, foreman in the La Crosse Elevator of the Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railroad Co.; has been in his present position since 1872, and a resident of La Crosse since the fall of 1865. He is a native of Caledonia, Livingston Co., N. Y., where his father, Charles Clark, is still living at 80 years of age. Mr. Clark enlisted in 1862, in the 4th New York Heavy Artillery, and was in the service three years. He was taken prisoner Aug. 24, 1864, near Petersburg, Va.; was at Belle Isle, Pemberton, Libby, and Salisbury, N. C.; was released from the last-named place on the 22d of February, 1865. After he left the army, he returned to Caledonia, N. Y., and came from there to La Crosse in the fall of 1865. He married in March, 1875, in St. Louis, Mo., to Miss Anna Simon, of that place, and has one child - Edna.

[I am not related to this family and have no further information. I'm posting this as a service and hope it helps!]

Important Note: