CLARKE-L Archives

Archiver > CLARKE > 2003-04 > 1050012192

From: Coralyn <>
Subject: [Clarke-Clark] CLARK ­ Ballyruff,Coleraine,Ireland>Franklin, Hampshire,&Worcester Co's,MA 1600-1800¹s
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:03:12 -0400

The Clark line that I am researching lived in Ballyruff, Coleraine, Northern
Ireland, in the early 1600¹s. They might have been part of the Scottish
plantation. I very much wish to learn the birth, death, and marriage dates
that are missing in the links that I have. Can you please help me fill in
the blanks?

Generation 1:

John CLARK b: abt 1633, Ballyruff, Coleraine, Ireland, d: ? m: abt 1655 Anne
HORSEMAN b: abt 1635 Carrick-fergus, Coleraine, Ireland d: ?

Generation 2:

John CLARK b: abt 1660 Ballyruff, Coleraine, Northern Ireland d: bef 19 May
1750 South Hadley, Hampshire, MA m: abt 1697 Northern Ireland, Agnes ADAMS
b: abt 1674 Northern Ireland d: aft May 1750 South Hadley, Hampshire, MA.

Generation 3:

Matthew CLARK b: abt 1700 Coleraine, Northern Ireland d: 10 May 1746
Colrain, Franklin, MA m: abt 1725 Rutland, Worcester, MA, Jennet BOTHWELL b:
1703 Coleraine, Northern Ireland d: May 1789 Shelburne, Franklin, MA.

Matthew¹s siblings include: Jean (Clark) GRAY of Pelham, Hampshire, MA;
Thomas CLARK (died as a child); John CLARK, Jr. of Rutland, Worcester, MA;
John CLARK of Halifax, Windham, VT; William CLARK of Belchertown, Hampshire,
MA; Alexander CLARK of Colrain, Franklin, MA; Samuel CLARK of Halifax,
Windham, VT; Elizabeth CLARK (died as a child); and George CLARK of Colrain,
MA.

Generation 4:

John CLARK b: 1 July 1728 Worcester, Worcester, MA d: 1810-1820 Colrain,
Franklin, MA m: abt 1749 Colrain, Franklin, MA, Elizabeth STEWART b: 11 Jan
1728/29 Londonderry, Rockingham, NH d: 1810-1820 Colrain, Franklin, MA.

John¹s siblings include: Jean (Clark) SMITH of Holden, Worcester, MA;
Alexander CLARK of Shelburne, Franklin, MA; Agnes (Clark) DONELSON of
Colrain, Franklin, MA; Elizabeth (Clark) STEWART of Colrain, MA; Hannah
(Clark) McKEOWN of MA; William CLARK, husband of Mary PATTESON; Margaret
(Clark) HARWOOD of Bennington, Bennington, VT; Sarah CLARK of Colrain, MA;
and Matthew CLARK, Jr. of Colrain, MA.

Generation 5:

Ichabod CLARK b: abt 1766 Colrain, Franklin, MA d: 24 April 1838 Shelburne,
Franklin, MA m: abt 1791 Cynthia PETERSON b: Sept 1769 Middleboro, Plymouth,
MA? d: 6 Oct 1858 Colrain, Franklin, MA

Thank you!
Coralyn

This thread: