CLAYES-L Archives

Archiver > CLAYES > 2001-08 > 0998294658

Subject: [Clayes] John M. b 06/1861, AL Par b AL m Sarah _?_ >TX bef 1886, Dau Serifa b 1886
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 04:04:18 EDT

This family is listed in Angelina Co,. TX in the 1900 Census, with the
surname spelled CALLEASE. I'm pretty sure this is a botched spelling of
something else....CALLIS, CALLEYS, CULLEYS, CORLEYS, CORLISS, ad infinitum,
ad delirium. Can anyone help me here? Do these names or this story sound
familiar?

Sarah was b. 1866 TX her parents b. AL. John's parents were listed as B. AL.
The daughter was b. 1886, TX. With them is a neice Fannie WILLIAMS.....I do
not know how she is related -- maybe John's sister or Sarah's brother or
sister's child. This is what I need desperately to find out! Fannie is my
husband's great grandmother. Her daughter is still living at 90 and doesn't
know her grandparents names. I'd like to find out and tell her....it's taken
me three years to locate Fannie in 1900!

PLEASE RESPOND TO ME AT , even if you respond to the
list......I have too much mail to be getting these mailing lists on top of
the rest of my mail! Therefore, I am unsubscribing almost immediately.

I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE RESPONSES SENT TO THE MAILING LIST ONLY!

Thank you for your help!

Anne Webb Nelson

Anne

This thread: