CLOUD-L Archives

Archiver > CLOUD > 2000-11 > 0973521062

Subject: Re: [CLOUD-L] Re: William Cloude and William Penn
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:31:02 EST

Rhonda,

I couldn't make the addresses work this morning either, but I popped into
them just fine last night. So, just now I went to yahoo.com and I did a
search on Chester genealogy. Yahoo brought up one major site. I clicked on
it and it was the right place. The home window says, "Welcome to Chester
County Genealogy?" The address that pops up at the top of the site is:
http://www.rootsweb.com/~pacheste/chester.htm

From there go to ships lists on the left hand side of the page and click on
it. The site is really good for doing searches. If I remember correctly,
you can even search for passenger names and it will take you to the ships the
names are found on.

When I tried to go from the home page to the ships list myself just now, I
got a message I've never seen before; it said that there was a traffic jam on
the information highway. Perhaps other Clouds are trying to get to the site,
too. (And could this account for why an address that worked perfectly well
for me last night won't work this morning?) Let me know if you cannot even
get to the homepage; maybe I could find a way to send a message to the
webmaster to tell him/her to contact you with advice.

Karen Carter
Sandy, UT

This thread: