CLOUGH-GENEALOGY-L Archives

Archiver > CLOUGH-GENEALOGY > 2005-06 > 1118226897

Subject: Jenny Clow/Robert Burns
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 06:34:57 EDT

Hi everyone. Thought I'd share this with the group about Jenny Clow. I'll
keep you posted on the movie and when it's available. Jenny was the daughter
of Andrew Clow of Fife, Scotland. We don't know if she's related or not but
it should be interesting to see a Clow portrayed on the big screen!
Information about Jenny is hard to come by. Rebecca Clough Harpole
SCOTS actress Kathleen McDermott can't wait to see how her face will look for
the new Burns film with Gerard Butler. Kathleen, who plays Burns' lover Jenny
Clow in the multi-million pound biopic which will be filmed in July, has
discovered that her character has a port wine birthmark.

She said: 'My character is a maid in the old days who is embarrassed by her
birthmark. She tends to hide it and doesn't like people looking at her a lot.'
Kathleen, who has starred in Milk and Morvern Callar, hasn't undergone a huge
transformation on screen before now.

She said: 'It will be interesting to see what I look like. Hopefully it'll
help to get me into character. I'll probably have to get up really early, to
make sure it's on the same way."

This thread: