CLOUGH-L Archives

Archiver > CLOUGH > 1998-08 > 0902185225

From: "Emmett Meeks" <>
Subject: Re: [CLOUGH-L] Reunion
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 19:00:25 -0400

Anne,

I have been to several of the Clough reunions, and Bonnie was right with her
comments that there was lunch, and then a meeting in the afternoon, and then
dinner (light snack). There are usually several tables around the room with
assorted information, memorabilia, etc. I agree that they always ask people
to stand and give their Clough lineage. Also, She said "I'm sure people
might like to see/have printouts of your information". I have seen some
printouts there and I agree with her.

The best part for me has been getting to know people who connect to the same
family of years long ago. I am from Georgia and my Cloughs moved here
before the Civil War, so there is a long time separation. In all my years,
I have known very few talkative Cloughs, but they are friendly, easy to meet
and most enjoyable. I was very hesitant on my first trip - being a
southerner and not knowing what to expect - but my wife and I thoroughly
enjoyed ourselves at each reunion we have attended.

Enjoy yourself.
Emmett

This thread: