CLOUGH-L Archives

Archiver > CLOUGH > 1998-08 > 0902377729

From: Bonnie Ann Mckinney <>
Subject: [CLOUGH-L] Family Pedigree Tree
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 23:28:49 -0500 (EST)

Hi to all....I hope that everyone going to Maine has a wonderful time...I
sure wish I were going. I may try for next year. I look forward to
hearing comments from those that do go.

As many are showing their Clough family descent, I thought I would add
mine at this time, even though I will not be in at the reunion this
weekend, in hopes that should a close cousin come across it, they may
share information with me. I have quite a bit of history from my one 4th
great grandmother Belinda Ingersoll Parker down, but little on her
sister, Sophia Ingersoll who married Harvey Maxfield, Judith Clough's
grandson. Belinda and Sophias children married, therefore both sister's
are my 4th great grandmothers, with Harvey being one of my 4th great
grandfathers. The Ingersolls moved to Illinois from Jericho Township and
Fairfax, Vermont in the early 1800s, if not before. The Ingersolls and
the Ingalls of Salisbury were also intermarried and are my ancestors.

Here is my line:

John & Jane Clough (Salisbury, Mass)
John & Mercy Page (Salisbury, Mass)
Benoni & Hannah Merrill (Salisbury, Mass)
Joseph & Susanna Reeves (Salisbury & Salem, Mass)
Judith Clough & David Maxfield (married in Salem, he died in
Fairfax, VT, 1820, she died in 1824 in Piermont, New Hampshire)
William Maxfield & Abagail Belcher (William b. Piermont, NH
10/6/1763, m. about 1785 in Fairfax, VT, d. Fairfax, VT, 31/8/1814)
Harvey Maxfield & Sophia Ingersoll (Harvey b. 29/1/1797,m.6/10/1816,
in Fairfax, VT, d. 3/6/1873 in Bedford, IA (his daughter took him there
because of his poor health and that is where she lived)
Almena Winters Maxfield & Rufus Parker (first cousins, Rufus
born 13/3/1835 in Westford, VT, Almena b. Sycamore, IL 15/3/1841)
Almena Annabelle Parker & John Richard Martin
Willard Rufus Martin & Ella May Johnson
LaVern Alice Martin & Jack C. Brooks
Ardith LaVern Brooks & William Bryant McKinney
Bonnie Ann McKinney

Besides the Clough, if anyone has connections to Maxfields, Ingersolls, or
Parker, I would love to talk to you.

Well, everyone have a wonderful time, say hello to the Atlantic Ocean for
me (we're old friends)(if you're near it)...and hope to hear from you..
Bonnie )in Indianapolis

This thread: