CLOUGH-L Archives

Archiver > CLOUGH > 1998-08 > 0902446084

From: s and m thomson <>
Subject: [CLOUGH-L] Clough
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 09:28:04 +1000

Hi to all,
As a new member to this list, I thought it wise to send my interests in the
surname CLOUGH.
Ralph CLOUGH m. Elizabeth ? 21 Jan 1821 Manchester, Lancashire. Known
children are:
Ann CLOUGH b.30 Apr 1822 bap.30 Jun 1822 St Michael, Ashton-Under-Lyne, Lanc.
m. John Mellor MATLEY 19 Nov 1843 Ashton-Under-Lyne
(John and Ann had three children before emigrating to Australia in 1856
per 'Bee'. They settled in the Armidale, NSW area.)
Ralph CLOUGH b.1830 Ashton-Under-Lyne
m. Jane ? circa 1849 Ashton-Under-Lyne
(Ralph and Jane had four children before emigrating to Australia in 1864
per 'Montrose' where they also settled in Armidale, NSW)

When John and Ann emigrated, her father was already deceased. So between
1856 and 1864 her mother died, as stated on the ships records for Ralph.

Would anyone with any connection with the CLOUGH family from
Ashton-Under-Lyne, Lancashire please contact me as I would love to hear
from you.
Cheers
Thommo
Greetings from Campbelltown, NSW.
One Name Study: RAMAGE
Researching: RAMAGE, JOHNSON, JONES, JAMES, AIKEN/S, CLOUGH, SHORTLAND,
FIZZELL, SLY, MATLEY AND MANY OTHERS.

GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE.....THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS!!!!!

This thread: