CLOUGH-L Archives

Archiver > CLOUGH > 1998-08 > 0902460532

From: <>
Subject: [CLOUGH-L] Chester Clough
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 23:28:52 EDT

Hello Clough cousins

I have posted before looking for the ancestors of Chester Clough who was born
about 1800 and married in 1824 in Licking Co, OH. He is the only Clough in
the area at the time and seems to have dropped out the sky. He died before
the 1850 census to tell where he was born.. BUT... I found a clue yesterday
that might help. His son -Chester P Cluff married 1st - Laurinda Tower and
2nd - Mary Tower. He was working as a laborer on the Tower farm in 1850. It
is said that the Towers and Cloughs/Cluffs knew each other prior to coming to
Licking co, OH and Laurinda's father (William b. 1807) was born in Rutland, VT
and her mother (Lydia Williams - 1807) was born in Chittenden, VT. This is a
new clue. Does anyone have any Cloughs in VT in the early 1800's that could
possibly be the parents of Chester? or recognize any of the other names??

Thanks,

Karen Bujak

This thread: