CLOUGH-L Archives

Archiver > CLOUGH > 1998-08 > 0903984904

From: John Light <>
Subject: [CLOUGH-L] Elizabeth Clough, 1706
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 11:55:04 -0700

Dot Hay - I have been awaiting response to several inquiries on Elizabeth Clough,
daughter of John and Mary (Beard), from contributors to this list. However, this
Elizabeth Clough has several pages in the Glover Memorials, 1867, and she is tied
to John Clough of Salisbury although the Clough genealogy does not claim her; AND
there is no information on a marriage to Joshua Dodge. According to the Glover,
she married Thomas Glover at age 16 and died at 94 years of age, widow of Thomas
Glover (so says her will), so not much opportunity to marry anyone else. There is
much on her family of Clough, of Boston, but then it mysteriously disconnects from
the Boston Cloughs and connects to the Salisbury Cloughs. Perhaps we can work on
this together.
John Light
Monterey, CA
mailto: