CLOUGH-L Archives

Archiver > CLOUGH > 1998-08 > 0904056784

From: Bonnie Dannenberg <>
Subject: [CLOUGH-L] McCumber???
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 10:53:04 -0400

Hi Jane,
As far as I am aware, no one (in the JCGS) knows Janes' surname.
You're right, it should be thoroughly checked out. Chris, do you
have documentation, along with your grandfathers' work, that would
prove Janes' surname to be McCumber? (All the other facts that
Chris gives, do match what the JCGS says...)
Bonnie -

At 04:01 PM 8/24/98 -0400, Jane Colagiovanni wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>I have not seen any e-mail in answer to the one below. Is anyone checking
>out the information? Is McCumber the last name to Jane, married to John
>Clough????
>
>Jane
>---------------------- Forwarded by Jane Colagiovanni/PicTel on 08/24/98
>03:59 PM ---------------------------
>

>Chris Clough <> (by way of Bonnie Dannenberg <bonnie
>on 08/03/98 08:12:19 AM

>cc: (bcc: Jane Colagiovanni/PicTel)
>Subject: [CLOUGH-L] hello, my name is christopher brian clough.
>

>hello, my name is christopher Brian clough, i am the son of donald
>irving clough, and have a geneology that traces me back to one john
>clough, who was born in london in 1613, and at 22 years old, he sailed
>to america from london england on the ship "elizabeth", in 1635. he
>settled in salisbury mass. he married first, jane McCumber probably in
>1642, they weren't exaclty sure. she died jan 16th, 1679. he then
>married Martha blaisdel cilly (sibley), on jan 15, 1686. i have this
>information in a family history compiled about rodney irving clough, who
>was my grandfather.
>
>please get in touch with me.
>
>my name is chris clough, i am 19 years old, in the us army, and trying
>to further trace my roots, beyond john clough. i would greatly
>appreciate any information or help you could give me.
>

>thank you in advance,
>

>PV2 Chris Clough

This thread: