CLOUGH-L Archives

Archiver > CLOUGH > 1998-08 > 0904124832

From: Jerry Dafoe <>
Subject: [CLOUGH-L] CLOUGH/SWEET
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 07:47:12 -0200

Hi,
I guess it is time to post this data again. Not much is known of this
family so I would welcome any information whatsoever:

Hannah Clough ( 6, Ithamer 5, Timothy 4, Jonathan 3, John 2, John 1)
b: September 18, 1775 in Tolland, Conn was the wife of William Sweet b:
1772 in Rhode Island. William Sweet left RI at a very early age and moved
to Washington County, New York There he married Hannah about 1891. They
moved from Hartford, NY to Ticonderoga in 1813 where he bought a 200 acre
tract of land in the Vineyard. Here he built the first squared log house
in town. When this house was built, the old log barn across the road had
already been built for some time, and many think it was one of General
Burgoyne's outposts. The old house was occupied by several generations until
destroyed by fire in 1927. Later , not sure when, Hannah and William moved
to St Lawrence Cty (Gorverneur) where they lived out their lives. William
died November 07, 1854 and Hannah died February 10, 1868
Thank you,
Jerry

This thread: