CLWYD-L Archives

Archiver > CLWYD > 2009-05 > 1241912244

Subject: [CLWYD] JONES Tre Castell Farm DYSERTH
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 09:37:24 +1000

Hi Kevin & Margaret

Following on

1891 Census Dyserth
Piece: RG12/4626 Place: St Asaph -Denbighshire Enumeration District: 5
Civil Parish: Dyserth Ecclesiastical Parish: Dyserth
Folio: 50 Page: 16 Schedule: 123
Address: Trecastle

Surname First name(s) Rel Status Sex Age Occupation Where Born Remarks
JONES David Head M M 56 Farmer(Notem) Anglesey - Llanfaelog
Language: Both
JONES Margaret Wife M F 49 Caernarvonshire - - Language: Both
JONES Hugh G. Son S M 16 Farmer's Son Lancashire - Liverpool
Language: Both
JONES Mary C. Dau S F 25 Lancashire - Liverpool Language: Both
ROBERTS Cornelius Servnt S M 16 Agricultural Labourer(Em'ee)
Flintshire - Dyserth Language: Welsh

Jan

From: "Margaret Evans" <>
Subject: Re: [CLWYD] Help Please

Hello Kevin -

In the Dyserth MIs (published by Clwyd FHS) I have found two graves
of interest.

1. In memory of DAVID JONES late of Rose Vale, Liverpool, and Tre
Castell Farm born August 21, 1834 died Feb.28 1897
Ni frysia yr hwn a credo.
sacred to memory MARGARET wife of the above who departed this life
May 5th 1911
At rest.

2. .........DAVID JOHN JONES....Castell, Dyserth.......am
hefyd GWENETH OLWEN merch yr uchod a hunodd yn yr Iesu Awst 12 1933?
yn 31 mlwydd oed
Dwsg..a gwyn....?
hefyd ELIZABETH, mam anwyl a thyner gorphwysodd Mawrth 10ed 1954
yn 70 mlwydd oed
" Hyn a allodd hon hi ai gwnaeth"

On the 1901 Census they are at Tre Castell Farm,Dyserth as Margaret
Jones, widow, farmer age 59 b. Caernarvonshire,
Hugh G. Jones, son, Age 29 b. Liverpool,
David J. Jones, Age 26 b. Liverpool and
Maria C M Fletcher,
granddaughter Age 7 b. Liverpool. ALso recorded at the same address
are two farm servants.

Regards - Margaret.