COFFEY-L Archives

Archiver > COFFEY > 1998-06 > 0897890381

From: <>
Subject: John Coffey,b. 1620?--Edward Coffey, b.abt. 1670? in VA
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 01:59:41 EDT

Here is a portion of my Coffey family: (I do not have
absolute proof of any of these until Lewis, so please let
me know if you have any corrections and sources for
any of these people)

John COFFEY b. 1620 in Ireland
d. VA
Child: (the only one I have):

Edward COFFEY b. abt. 1670 in Elizabeth City,
Essex Co., VA
d. abt. Feb. 14, 1715 or 1716
Essex Co., VA
m. Anne Ester POWELL 1690 in
Essex Co., VA
b. Abt. 1684 in Essex Co., VA
d. Dec. 18, 1744 in St. Anne's
Parish, Essex Co., VA
Edward and Anne had these children:
Martha/Marther (Patsy), Edward Joshua, John,
Annister (Ann), Austin "Austes", and Elizabeth COFFEY.
(I have info. on 2 of these):

``````````
Martha/Marther (Patsy) COFFEY
b. July 31, 1714 in Essex Co., VA
d. Abt. 1772 in Orange Co., VA
m. John CLEVELAND on Apr. 20, 1734
b. July 31, 1714, in Gloucester Co., VA
d. Nov. 1778 in Blue Run, Orange Co., VA
Martha and John had one child that I know of named
John CLEVELAND.

(My husband is a descendant of Martha and John.
You can imagine how interesting this is. My husband
and I are 9th cousins, my stepdaughters are my 9th
cousins once removed, and our daughter together is
our daughter and our 9th cousin once removed.
We didn't know this until recently. It is pretty funny.)

```````````````
I am a descendant of John COFFEY
b. Abt. July 16, 1700 in Essex Co., VA
d. Abt. Feb. 1775 in Albemarle Co., VA
m. Jane (Jean) GRAVES abt. 1728
b. 1700-1710? in VA
d. Aft. 1790 in Wilkes Co., NC
John and Jean had the following children:
James, William, John, Edmond (Edmund),Winifred,
Thomas, Reuben,Benjamin, and Elizabeth COFFEY.
`````````````````
I am a descendant of James COFFEY
b. July 4, 1729 in Essex Co. VA
d. Abt. Sept. 1786 in Wilkes Co., NC
m. Elizabeth CLEVELAND on Aug. 30, 1750
b. Feb. 1726 or 1727 in Orange Co, NC
d. 1826-1827 ? in Bedford Co.,TN
James and Elizabeth had the following children:
Elizabeth (Betsy/Betty), John Reid, Archelus, James,
Martha (Patsy), Reuben, Ambrose, Eli, Rice,
Joel (Chesley?), and Lewis Russell COFFEY.
`````````````````
John Reid COFFEY
b.Feb. 13, 1755 in Albemarle Co., VA
d. Dec. 27, 1825 in Wilkes Co., NC
m. Mary (Molly?) ? in 1773-1774
b. Dec. 18, 1755
d. Abt. 1825
They had the following children: Levi, Lewis, Sarah "Sally",
Elizabeth, William, James, Celia, Nancy, Eleanor, John
and Polly COFFEY.

Lewis Coffey
b. Jan. 12, 1777 in VA (Source:
Edmund A. Coffey's bible)
d. 1850 in Gwinnett Co., GA
m. Elizabeth ? in 1796 in NC
Lewis and Elizabeth had 1 child that I have listed:
Edmund Aurelius COFFEY.
``````````````````
Edmund Aurelius COFFEY
b. Mar. 3, 1810 near the dividing line of NC & SC.
d. Aug. 29, 1895 in Aubrey, TX (buried in Belew Cem.)
m. Dianah BAGBY in 1830 in NC
b. Jan. 27, 1811 in NC
d. Abt. 1883
Edmund and Dianah had the following children:
Edmond Bagby, Elizabeth Ann "Betsey", Loaney,
Benjamin L., Sarah Caroline, Webster G., Aurelius,
Thomas Arvil, James Madison, Elizabeth Jane, Martha,
and Chaney Evergreen.
``````````````````````````
Thomas Arvil COFFEY
b. June 30, 1843 Gwinnett or Cherokee Co., GA.
d. Mar. 19, 1917
m. Hannah HENSON in AL?
b.1845
d. 1914
Thomas and Hannah had these children: Henry Gilbert,
Mettie, James Martin, Arealus, Mary, Thomas, Nathan,
and Walter Curtis.
`````````````````````
Henry Gilbert COFFEY
b. Dec. 8, 1872 in Denton Co. TX
d. Dec. 4, 1951 in Lightning Ridge, OK
m. Etter Matilda FULFER in 1891 in Leon, I.T.(Indian
Territory, now Oklahoma).Source: Marriage License
b. Mar. 28, 1876
d. Mar. 3, 1948 in Lightning Ridge, OK
Henry and Etter had the following children: Willie,
Elijah (Lige), Lillie Mae (Sis), Arthur, Dock, Ike, Cleo,
Maybell, Woodrow, Henry Gilbert, and Arden L
```````````````````
Arthur COFFEY
b. July 1, 1900 in Lightning Ridge, OK
d. June 18, 1969 in Ada, OK
m. Lillie Mae WELLS
b. Feb. 18, 1908 in Lightning Ridge, OK
d. Apr. 1, 1996 in Tuttle, OK
Arthur and Lillie had 3 children
I am now at the hunting for sources stage for these
people before Edmund Aurelius. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Nancy Dianne Coffey-Huddleston

This thread: