COLLINS-L Archives

Archiver > COLLINS > 2002-08 > 1028896180

From: "Sheri P. Kelly" <>
Subject: [COLLINS-L] Andrew Collins and Allen Griffis/Griffin in 1790 Wake Co., NC
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 05:29:43 -0700 (PDT)

Good Morning List:

In the 1790 Wake Co. NC Federal Census I find an Andrew Collins, HH 271 living with a Allen Griffis (Griffin?). In the Allen Griffis/Griffin household I find 1 free white male over 18, 4 free white males under 16 and one free white female with no other free persons or slaves. Page 17 of 20 in Ancestry.com

The Andrew Collins household, also HH 271, same page on Ancestry.com I find Andrew has 5 free white males over 18, 4 free white males under 16 and two 2 white females, no other free persons, but there is 9 slaves.

Perhaps since Andrew has the slaves listed he is the actual owner and Allen Griffis/Griffin is a family connection or farm workers.

Would anyone have researched this Andrew Collins line? I know that Griffin Collins Sr. has a son Allen and a grandson Andrew.

It's a long shot but I try to turn over all the rocks I find.

Sheri P. Kelly "Genealogy is Perpetual" SC & AL Searches are McCOOL-MILLS-SEGREST-THRASHER-WOOD Other Southern States are BRYANT-COFFEY-COLLINS- DURHAM-GREEN-HICKS-HOWERTON-JONES-LOMAX-PARKER-PERRY-RUSSELL