COLLINS-L Archives

Archiver > COLLINS > 2006-09 > 1158282192

Subject: Re: [COLLINS] painting of Sergeant Major James Collins,63rd NY Volunteers
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 21:03:12 EDT

This is very interesting to me. I have been researching a long time on the
Collins line.

I am Ina Lee Collins Tingen, daughter of Seba Jellel Colins, son of James
Polk Collins, son of James E. Collins ,1822-1883. James E. was a printer and
started the newspaper, The Sentinel, in Winston Salem, N. C.

My earliest records show John Collins I was born 1569 in Maidstone, Kent
County, England, died 1644.

Would like to hear from you. Luck on the painting.

Mrs. Ina Lee Collins Tingen, 3159 Knollwood Drive,Apt. 42B, Mobile, Al.
36693

This thread: