COLLINS-L Archives

Archiver > COLLINS > 2010-02 > 1266938936

From: "Fawn" <>
Subject: [COLLINS] LOIS>>>> Native American resources??
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:28:56 -0500

Lois for many years out of frustration of not finding Native American
resources I started to gather them and put themon a Website. I have
kept this website going for 15 years.
I have also began to transcribe information to put on there.
What I have found so far is at www.AncestralFires.com
I have just run a site check and some of the links need repair. I
will be doing the repair as I find them.
There are many sites out there to dig through.

Sleeping Fawn
Ha'do'aal Tl' n' na' Izdz'n
Ko-da' Mi'sun

Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 7:31 AM
Subject: [COLLINS] Native American resources??

I really do not understand the Native American resources. When I pulled up Tennessee to find out what Indian tribes was in Tennessee, there are so many I have no idea where to start.
There is a rumor that my husband's family are part Native American. No proof what so ever. However, the Robert Collins I am researching for can not be found, so it does make me wonder.
Where do I start?
Lois

``Have you ever checked any of the Native American resources? Dawes Rolls,
iller roles, and Cherokee by Blood are two that I have checked for my
ollins... The surname Collins is a 'common Native American surname'.