CONN-L Archives

Archiver > CONN > 2004-04 > 1082521444

From: "Debbie & Jim McArdle" <>
Subject: CONN / COON DNA & Emmanuel Conn
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 23:24:26 -0500

Raymond, by all means we want to share and compare our information and understand variant spellings of names. Please let us know how we can do this. The person representing Kit #17641 says they descend from Emmanuel Conn, born about 1809 in Maryland. I am sure they will want to communicate with you. I will give them your e-mail address. Most CONN researchers believe their lines originated in Ireland and Scotland.

It is my understanding that we are notified of matching Y-DNA markers, no matter what the surname, when the donors have agreed to release information. When I click on Kit #17641's "Match Y-DNA Page" on FTDNA's page, no match comes up for him, but the following message appears: "Only people who sent us signed release forms are eligible to be listed here." Is it possible, Raymond, that you didn't send FTDNA a signed release form? If not, you might want to send one now.

Our group looks forward to working with you.

Debbie McArdle
CONN Y-DNA Group Administrator