COOK-CO-IL-L Archives

Archiver > COOK-CO-IL > 2008-07 > 1216681920

Subject: [COOK-CO-IL] Update on Cook County Vital Records Available atwww.cookcountygenealogy.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 19:12:00 -0400

This update about www.cookcountygenealogy.com? was posted by Jan Meisels Allen on the JewishGen list.? Jan writes:

Not all records are yet posted and it will take upwards of 6 months for the records to be complete. They are waiting for an outside indexing firm to provide them with the indexing to be posted.

I spoke with a supervisor there [Cook County Clerk's Office]?today and learned the following:

Birth records (75 years old and older) there are no birth records yet available indexed on the website prior to 1916. That means

1916-1933 records should be available.

Marriage records: (50 years and older) some are hand indexed and there are intermittent years available: 1930-1937, 1940, 1945, 1948, 1949, 1950-1958. They are uploading this week 1930-1940 marriages.

Death records (20 years and older) 1915-1946, 1949-1957, 1960-1988 should be available.

I hope this is helpful. As it is sporadic and the supervisor explained doing it in "bits and pieces" there might be some other records in the years mentioned above that are also not yet posted.? ?

Just keep trying as they post the update index frequently.

Jan Meisels Allen

Chairperson, Public Records Access Monitoring Committee and Director, IAJGS

Thought this would be helpful to those on this list.? As you can see, many years are still missing at this site, so the Illinois State Archives Marriage & Death Indexes:

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/archives/databases.html

will still need to be searched, especially for the earliest years.

Kathleen Craine
Chicago

This thread: