COOK-CO-IL-L Archives

Archiver > COOK-CO-IL > 2011-01 > 1295912542

From: Alice Fluegge <>
Subject: Re: [COOK-CO-IL] Immigrants and the Great Chicago Fire 1871
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 15:42:22 -0800 (PST)

Yes I came across that exact same situation with a Fluegge family member and how I found that out was amazing, he had applied for citizenship in Oct of 1871 and his petition was in with his naturalization paper and that paper was singed most likely from the fire later that month. He didn't reapply until 1881 and I found him listed several times on passenger lists from Germany to America. Alice Fluegge