CORLEY-L Archives

Archiver > CORLEY > 2010-12 > 1292547103

From: Tom Caulley <>
Subject: [CORLEY] new family book
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 16:51:43 -0800 (PST)

Announcing A new book, ALL HER CHILDREN,  covering the Cawley, Cauley,
Caulley,  Colley & Thornhill descendants of Sally Finley
(ca1766-1830+) & Caniel Corley (1747-1807) and their 6 chileern:
Allen Finley Caulley (1786-1869), Polly Finley Corley -Thornhill
(1790-1860), James Finley Cauley (1793-1876), Berry Finley Cauley
(1795-1880), John Finley Cawley (1797-1876) and Jeremiah Finley Cawley
(1799-1866). All born in Bedford Co., VA; many descendants having moved
to West Virginia, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri and Kansas.

The book
will be about 1100 pages in a loose-leaf binder, to make copying pages
easier.  There will be a companion data-DVD with over 2000 primary
source documents such as census pages, birth records, marriage records,
death records, wills, estate papers, deeds, land patents, military
records (Revolutionary
war, Mexican War and Civil War), WWI & WWII draft cards, Photos,
Obituaries, DNA Y-Chromosome test results and newspaper articles.

There
will also be a descendants' chart showing each of the over 7000 names
and how they descend from Sally Finley & Caniel Corley (They never
married).

Ed Griffith and I, Tom Caulley, have spent the last 3
months consolidating what we already had, researching new branches,
finding primary source documents and typing this book. This will be the
most complete book on this branch of the Corley family that has ever
been printed.

The book is 95% complete at this date with 1086
pages ready to print.  I just need to acquire and add 4 documents and
about 100 names before creating the index "The old Fashioned Way"--by
hand.

The book will be sold "at cost" with the final cost not
exceeding the cost of printing plus cost of the binder , DVD, printer
ink and shipping.   The
final cost will be known sometime in Late February or early March
(allowing me time to create an index).

If you are interested in reserving a copy, contact me at

Tom Caulley

Check my genealogy web pages at:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~caulleyfamilyinfo/MAINGEN.HTML (Links to my family tree, and 12 descendants' charts.

http://www.caulleyscorner.com/LawrenceCoOH/ Lawrence Co. Ohio Page.

http://www.caulleyscorner.com/IronCoMo/ Iron Co., MO page.

http://freepages.military.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~caulleyfamilyinfo/ Battle of Pilot Knob.

http://www.caulleyscorner.com/MoGenOmniSearch/MoCounties.html Missouri "Omni" Research Site

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~caulleyfamilyinfo/captjohnhughes.html Captain John Hughes Bio & Family Site

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~caulleyfamilyinfo/allenmain.html Allen (Finley/Corley) Caulley Bio & Family Site

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~caulleyfamilyinfo/CorleyDocLinks.html Corley Research/Document Page

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~caulleyfamilyinfo/Hatridges/index.html Hardwick/Hatridge Family Research Site

Surnames I'm Researching

My Lines are:

ANDREWS, BARTON, BEVINS, CALLAHAN, CAMPBELL, CAULLEY, CAULEY, CLARKSON, COLLEY, CORLEY, CUNNINGHAM, EARLES, FINLEY, FLEETWOOD, FREEMAN, HARDWICK, HARDWITCH, HATRIDGE, HAYES, HUGHES, KIRKPATRICK, MEASELS, McFARLAND, PARMLEY, SINAH, SINER, SKILES, SCOTT, SMITH (KY), THOMPSON, WHITE

My wife's lines:

BICKEL, CALLAWAY, CALLOWAY, CRAIG, DOWELL, EICHELBERGER, FUNDERBURK, GILBERT, HAIRE, HARRIS, HARVEY, JABIN, MINTER, PORTER, McLANE, McLEAN, PICKETT, ROFF, ROLFE, WEISBRODT