CORNETT-L Archives

Archiver > CORNETT > 1999-06 > 0930251199

From: Mary Elmore< >
Subject: [CORNETT-L] Bird/Byrd Cornett
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 15:06:39 -0400 (EDT)

While the list is so active I thouhjt I would ask again about Bird/Byrd
Cornett. I don`t have much on him other than he served in the Rev War on
the NC Line. He was probably in the 1750 time frame. I have not been
able to find who his parents were, who he married or much else. I think
he had a son named Bird b abt 1795 that I have found a little info on.
Could someone please, please help me with this?
I think he is the father of my Cullen Cornett. Cullen was known in the
family to be 1/2 Cherokee. I don`t think all of the rumors about
Cherokee ancestry in the Cornett family could be wrong because they come
from so many sources. Have any of you checked the Guion Miller
application files for your ancestors? This is where I got the info about
Cullen.
Mary

This thread: