CORNISH-GEN-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH-GEN > 2000-08 > 0967601938

From: "Donald and Mary Maye Bennett" <>
Subject: Bennett family Cornwall County England
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 21:18:58 -0500

Our great grandfather John H Bennett came to America about 1860 and landed at Charleston, South Carolina. His death certificate lists his father as George Bennett and Mother not listed. John was born in Cornwall County , England on March 29, 1840. He married a Matilda Lewellyn who was the mother of three sons; George, Charles and Raymond, [our grandfather]. John lived in the states of Ohio, Illinois and Missouri I have no lead as to where John lived before coming to the United States, only it is told two brothers came to America, parted on the east coast and lost contact. We are searching for family. Donald and Mary Maye Bennett

This thread: