CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 1998-05 > 0895584135

From: Mick Adams <>
Subject: MIstake ?
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 23:22:15 +1000

G'day List,
Could someone out there with access to the St. Catherine's Index do
a check of a marriage in the last quarter of 1896. I have a problem with
a name. I was told by my mother that my grandmothers maiden name was,
Elizabeth Ann Allen, grandfather was definately William Henry Adams, and
they were married in Plymouth. I have just got my fathers birth
certificate, (took two months, think they sent it by Shank's Pony ) on
the certificate her maiden name is given as Adams, not Allen. Could
someone do a check for me please, when I found the marriage I had no
reason to check if there was another marriage on that page under
Elizabeth Adams. Page number is 462.
I cannot check it myself, as that part of the Index has now gone to
another part of the state.
Thanks in advance.

Mick Adams
Nr. Launceston, Tasmania.