CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 1998-05 > 0895727227

From: Katherine Foster <>
Subject: RE: Canadian help needed
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 22:07:07 -0700

Do you know where in Canada? AFAIK, Ontario has BMD indexed and available
from the beginning (July 1869) through the turn of the century.
The end dates depend upon the type of record (births up to and including
1900 are public, marriages up to 1915 and deaths up to 1925) and every year
another year becomes available.
The British Columbia marriage and death records are indexed with an
internet search engine at
http://www2.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca/textual/governmt/vstats/v_events.htm . I
believe they're working on the birth records now.
I don't know about any of the other provinces.

Katherine Foster

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my
portion forever" Ps 73:26