CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 1999-02 > 0918202982

From: philip ellery <>
Subject: Re: searching Hoblyn's
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 08:23:02 +0000

In message <>, Gerri
Figg-Hoblyn <> writes

>I'm new, very happy to find this website. Any information about the
>Hoblyn's of Fir Hill Manor near
>Newquay, between St Columb Major and Minor.
>Have pretty extensive tree going back to the Black King,but I am
>interested in the local histories of the family. Prior to Fir Hill
>Manor, they lived across the
>valley at Nanswhyden, which burnt during the 1850's.
>Also interested in the family in U.S. I know of some in the other
>midwest states, but have not contacted any.
>Thanks, Gerri Figg-Hoblyn (the Figg is Irish)

Hi Gerri,

This is what I have on the America FIGG-HOBLYNs
Which line are you?
I also have alot on Rosalind Hoblyn and her life.

Descendants of Thomas Richard Figg

Generation No. 1

1. THOMAS RICHARD FIGG. He married ROSALIND ANNE HOBLYN 1884, daughter
of WILLIAM HOBLYN and JANE SCHULTZ.

Children of THOMAS FIGG and ROSALIND HOBLYN are:
2.i. T.W.R. FRANCIS FIGG, b. 1886, Mayne Island, B.C.; d. September
27, 1965, California.
3.ii. ODEL FIGG HOBLYN, b. May 11, 1889.
iii. JOHN WESTROPP FIGG HOBLYN.
iv. H.E. FIGG HOBLYN, m. ? WEST.

Generation No. 2

2. T.W.R. FRANCIS FIGG was born 1886 in Mayne Island, B.C., and died
September 27, 1965 in California. He married RUTH DOW ALDRICH.

Children of T.W.R. FIGG and RUTH ALDRICH are:
i. JOHN PAGET FIGG-HOBLYN, b. January 25, 1926.
ii. MARGARET FIGG-HOBLYN.
4. iii. ANN FIGG-HOBLYN.

3. ODEL FIGG HOBLYN was born May 11, 1889. He married LEONORA MEIGS,
daughter of PEVERIL MEIGS.

Child of ODEL HOBLYN and LEONORA MEIGS is:
i. ROSALIND JANE FIGG-HOBLYN.

Generation No. 3

4. ANN FIGG-HOBLYN . She married BERTRAM AULD.

Children of ANN FIGG-HOBLYN and BERTRAM AULD are:
i. SHELAGH ANNE AULD.
ii. KATHY ELIZABETH AULD.

* Phil and Pip Ellery * *
* C.F.H.S 6795 * St. Columb Major, *