CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 1999-02 > 0919823354

From: David & Loyola Wares <>
Subject: Re: Broken Hill
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 10:29:14 +0800

At 00:45 24/02/99 , wrote:
Hi List:
I am trying to place my family in time. I have photo postcards with
the photographer listed below and also the words "Broken Hill". Is
>this a town, parish, area, region; what?

Broken Hill is a mining town in outback NSW, Australia.
A large mining company owes its origin to the town of Broken Hill.
A rather well-known opera singer, June Bronhill came from Broken Hill.
(Bronhill is a contraction/made up name from Broken Hill)

Point your browser to

http://www.zades.com.au/ozindex/
which i page leading to various places in Oz, and search the "B" page for
Broken Hill.
David Wares CIP
David and Loyola Wares
Perth Western Australia
ICQ 14385856
(*** A day without Genealogy is like a day without coffee. ***)

http://www.omen.net.au/~wares

Research Names:

http://carmen.murdoch.edu.au/community/dps/research/war02.html

Australian (especially Western Australian) Information:

http://www.csu.edu.au/australia/index.html

http://www.peel.wa.gov.au

http://www.perthwa.com.au/toda

This thread: