CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 1999-03 > 0922577152

From: Sandy <>
Subject: Re: Strength in numbers
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 17:25:52 -0600

Fran Aitkens wrote:
>Maybe in the future - especially as we
> overseas and Internet subscribers become more numerous - there will be more
> amenities and voting privileges for us.

Fran,

This would seem a good deal more likely were it not for the fact that up
until a few years ago, ALL members (wherever they might be) DID have
voting rights by proxy if they could not attend the AGM. The problem is,
CFHS recently took those voting rights away.

That does not speak well to the future liklihood.

In any case, it is my view voting is a "right," not a "privilege."

Regards,
Sandy

CornwallGenWeb: http://www.rootsweb.com/~engcornw/

This thread: