CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2000-03 > 0952208892

From: John Zimmerman <>
Subject: Re: Leap Year
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 15:28:12 -0700

Hi, Rod,

Perhaps the deceased led such a dull life that his survivors took the
opportunity to indicate on his tombstone that although he lived, he had
never "lived." <G>

Best regards,

John Zimmerman, C.I.P.
Mesa, Arizona

Researching: B U T L E R - B U Z Z A - D A V I S - H E S S O N
Ignorance is its own reward

wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I reckon you could well be right in that it was monumental (as in mason!)
> error. A few years ago whilst transcribing the MIs at Budock I came across a
> headstone where the deceased died before he was born (and he was a full adult
> when he died). The inscription was quite clear and I got my wife to check
> (she's the one who wears the trousers these days). We could only assume that
> either the next of kin gave the wrong information to the stonemason and
> couldn't afford to have it corrected or the stonemason wouldn't correct an
> error he had made!
>
> Thanks to Kathy, Scott, Rick, Doug and others for the information. Mike was
> talking about two specific years and I'm afraid I didn't give a thought to
> other years
>
> Rod

This thread: