CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2000-10 > 0972741633

From: Warren <>
Subject: Re: Australian Shipping Lists
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 00:00:33 +1000

Hi Peter,

try some of these sites,
Australia list of Passengers on some vessels
http://www.users.on.net/proformat/auspass.html

Australia’s First Fleet http://www.pcug.org.au/~pdownes/dps/1stflt.htm

Australia’s Second Fleet http://www.pcug.org.au/~pdownes/dps/2ndflt.htm

Australia’s Third Fleet http://www.pcug.org.au/~pdownes/dps/3rdflt.txt

Australian Shipping site
http://www.sites.archivenet.gov.au/shipping

Shipping records to New South Wales http://www.records.nsw.gov.au

Shipping records to Victoria
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~provic/

For passengers into NSW, you could try
http://www.records.nsw.gov.au/
Select Services, On-Line Indexes, Immigration.
Put in the name of the ship, rather than the family name,

have you subscribed to the TheShipsList-L.

some other sites...

TheShipsList Website
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/swig/

TheShipsList Digest Archive
http://www.cimorelli.com/ShipsList/digest

TheShipsList Searchable Archives
http://www.chignecto.net/TheShipsList

Tony Cimorelli's Searchable Database of Ship Arrivals
(Contains the complete Morton Allan Directory of Ship Arrivals)
http://www.cimorelli.com/safe/shipmenu.htm

Lou Alfano's Database of Ship Description's and Histories
http://www.fortunecity.com/littleitaly/amalfi/13/ships.htm
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/3649/ships.html

Solem, Swiggum & Austheim - Emigration from Norway - S&S
http://www.museumsnett.no/mka/ssa/

Cyndi's List - Over 41,700 Genealogy links in over 100 categories!
http://www.CyndisList.com

National Archives and Records Administration - Genealogy Section
http://www.nara.gov/genealogy/

Canadian Archives - Immigration Records
http://www.archives.ca/exec/naweb.dll?fs&02020204&e&top&0

The National Archive of England, Wales and the United Kingdom (PRO)
http://www.pro.gov.uk

Tried www.CyndisList.com? I did some quick scanning
through and came to the page: http://www.CyndisList.com/austnz.htm -
there
is masses of information on Australia and New Zealand including Ships
Passenger Lists and
Immigration, Ships/Convict lists, Emigration Ships Mailing List. To get
these sites I went to the main page and clicked on Topical Category
Australia and New Zealand. I know I have seen captains and passenger
lists
somewhere.

Have a look at the indexes here:

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~provic/185259/5259.htm
http://www.cohsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/db/ship.pl

If you can find your relatives on those indexes, then it will give an
index number of a microfiche that has the full passenger list and a
few other details.

Victorian Mining Accident List - [Links back to .. Contents Page -
Source
Codes - Ballarat Genealogy]........
The index can be found at:
http://www.ballaratgenealogy.org.au/miners.htm

..........hope you find something there, that be of some use to you...

regards
warren Job
NSW Australia

peter blamey wrote:

> I am seeking internet sites for Australian ships arrivals
> and passenger lists. Still researching Blamey.
> Regards
> Peter Blamey

This thread: