CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2001-03 > 0985432606

From: "Mick Adams" <>
Subject: Re: [CON] National Dress.
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 22:16:46 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: Warren Job <>
To: <>
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2001 10:39 AM

> Hey,
> you forgot the main attire to our national dress, our " flips flops ",
> an prove to wear 'em....
>
> Warren
> in a cool downtown NSW Australia
Hi,
Reminds me of one of my retaliation jokes. I'm a Pom, been out here since
'51, still get jokes like the Lion Park joke, Cannibal joke etc, so the
following is one of my retaliation jokes.
A young boy asked his father what an IQ test was, and his father tried to
explain it by saying it was a measure of intelligence, for example he said
someone with an IQ of say 150 would be someone like a Barrister or the CEO
of a big company. Then his son asked him what someone with an IQ of 110
would be,and was told maybe an engineer or similar. So his son said what
about someone with an IQ of about 50, and was told they would probably not
even be able to tie their shoelaces. So the son said, is that why so many
Australians wear flip-flops. Boom, Boom.

Mick Adams
Nr. Launceston, Tasmania

This thread: