CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2001-03 > 0985479877

From: Corinne Thompson <>
Subject: Re: [CON] National Dress.
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 10:24:37 +1000

Hello Joan,
It was I who started the jean thing ...... and you could very well be right
re the jeans and the Cornish Miners ...... what I do know is that their
first appearance does seem to have been on the American Goldfields and that
it was the Americans who brought them to Australia during our goldrush days.
Kindest Regards ...... Corinne.