CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2001-03 > 0985645117

From: "Albert Jenkin" <>
Subject: Re: [CON] National Dress.
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 17:19:06 -0500

Levi's Jeans are a San Francisco thing - Strauss brought tthe denim material
with him to make tents and finance his gold hunting that way. Made his
fortune with denim britches instead. As any proper San Franciscoan 'bout
jeans. There's also Frisco jeans which were popular wear when I was on the
merchant ships - black denim & different cut. "Jeans" comes from Genoese
sailors' pants.

I don't own any jeans. Can I still come to Austrailia?

Albert Jenkin
Carwinnion Cottage
Pottstown, PA