CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2001-08 > 0998536764

From: "William" <>
Subject: [CON] Re:Richards/Colenso
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:19:24 +1000

Hi John & Richard
Thank you for the latest info.
Since I started researching my family I have discovered a great deal about them through the knowledge of the people on this mailing list.
Sometimes I wonder how it must feel to live in a country where there is so much history still able to be seen and touched, and know that the answers are nearby.
When I went to school we were not taught much about our own history, even though I suppose that our historical background came from the many overseas countries that we were told about.
I am now aware just how much histroy is around us here in Australia, I seem to have developed a greater sense of pride in my own national history.
Regards
Bill

This thread: