CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2001-11 > 1004945706

From: Michael J McCormick <>
Subject: [CON] One-Place Study?
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 07:35:06 +0000

From: jo harper <>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 21:02:15 -0600

Well, here's a rather interesting idea! A One-Place Study, like a One-Name
Study, only a particular village. Just found one in regard to some
Worcestershire lines I have. How neat! Someone's gone to a lot of work to
put online indexes and all manner of neat info for one village onto a web
page. Has Cornwall any One Place Studies? How I'd love to do one for my
people's villages, Week St. Mary and Whitstone. Ah, so many inquiries, so
little time. I think I'll need at least one more life here, please ~

Jo Harper

Hello Jo

The Online Parish Clerk (OPC) scheme started here in Cornwall! In the
Queens Head pub in St Stephen in Brannel. It then spread into Devon and I
believe that there are now about 200 OPCs at work. I suspect that the
Worcestershire scheme is a clone.

I don't think there are OPCs for the villages you mention.

You can round off your new life by volunteering for the Free Census project.
Your villages are being transcribed by a lady in NZ, but they'll need
checking. All you need is access to a microfiche reader.

Rgds

Michael
Cornwall Online Census Project

This thread: