CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2002-07 > 1026819075

From: "Thelma Cudmore" <>
Subject: Re: [CON] Pronunciation of place names
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 04:31:15 -0700

Dear Listers,

I don't think there is any way a Yank can properly pronounce anything
Cornish. Just as there are various dialects in UK, i.e. Yorkshire,
Cockney, Cornish etc.; there are MANY dialects here in America. Having been
raised in southwestern Arizona, I can pick up a Mexican accent at the drop
of a hat, but there is a dialect in Louisiana called Cajun I have a great
deal of difficulty understanding.