CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2002-11 > 1037950963

From: "Rachel McVeigh" <>
Subject: Re: [CON] Re: Britishpathe website
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 07:53:59 -0000

Have a look at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/2490639.stm
which explains a little about the site. I agree it seems odd that they
should want to harvest names and addresses, (could be to do with legal
requirements for license to broadcast?) ,but I do think that once they've
ironed out the bugs the Pathe News website will be of great interest and
relevance to anyone with an interest in 20th century history.

So I would say it was posted in good faith, yes.

Rachel
Bedfordshire, UK