CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2003-08 > 1059756034

From: "Dick J. Richards" <>
Subject: [CON] Re: CORNISH-D Digest V03 #449
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:40:34 -0700

Regarding the HICKS in Redruth for Bert and Betty in Australia. My
grandmother was born Emily Hicks, 1865, in Ispheming Michigan. Her
parents were George Hicks, born 1837, in Redruth and Jane Woolcock, 1840,
in Redruth. George's parents John Hicks and Hannah Mullis, along with 3
sons and 2 daughters moved to Australia about 1860. We are on vacation
and I don't have my files with me so I cannot tell you now where in
Australia they are buried. If this makes sense to you let me know and
will supply more information after our vacation. I have records of the
HICKS family back to about 1650. My grandmother had a sister Jane, born I
think in Redruth about 1863