CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2003-11 > 1067866376

From: "Malcolm Hitchens" <>
Subject: [CON] Henry Rule
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 13:32:56 -0000

Hi Jackie

I am sorry but I have no information on Henry and Thomasin.

I have the 1861 census for Cornwall and it appears that Thomasin and daughter Thomasin were in service in Falmouth. Thomasin aged 59 Laundress was a widow and Thomasin aged 24 Housemaid was unmarried. Both were born in Redruth. It seems that Henry had already died. I can let you have the details in the next couple of days if you wish.

My connection with the Rule family is via Mary Rule's marriage to John Hitchens my 5 x g.g.f. Mary was probably the daughter of Charles Rule and Mary Williams who were married 12th Nov 1791 in Kenwyn. Mary was born in Gwennap on the 8th of June 1802. She may be the sister of Henry but I haven't got that far yet. John and Mary named their first child John after my 6 x g.g.f and their second, Charles Rule after her father. The 'Rule' as a middle name has lasted in my family to my dad's brother who is still alive.

I haven't yet researched Charles Rule and Mary Williams family.

regards

Malcolm Hitchens

This thread: