CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2003-12 > 1070309183

From: Corinne Thompson <>
Subject: [CON] Cornishness
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 07:06:23 +1100

Hello Chris and Cousins,

Ireland is a funny one. Folk born in Ireland before, is it 1922? (please
help me out someone, my husband isn't around at the moment), are considered
to be British Citizens and are entitled to British passports etc.. After
that, only those born in Northern Ireland are considered British Citizens by
the U.K. government and are entitled British passports etc..

But the Irish Government considers that all those born born anywhere in
Ireland, including Northern Ireland, are Irish Citizens ...... and they are
entitled to Irish passports etc..

The Irish even grant wives of those born anywhere in Ireland, and who hold
Irish passports etc., the right to Irish Citizenship ...... can't remember
the conditions.

Kindest Regards ...... Corinne in Melbourne, Australia.