CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2005-02 > 1108719899

From: Corinne Thompson <>
Subject: Was it something I said? - Worms
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 20:45:22 +1100

Very widespread, Myra ...... one of those rhymes that children say at
school:

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,
Going to the garden, eat worms
Big ones little ones, ushy gooshy gooshy ones
Worms that like to squirm.

Bite their heads off, suck their juice out
Throw their skins away.
You'd be surprised how many little worms
You can eat three times a day

There are a few variations which include:

Version I:
Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,
Guess I'll go eat worms,
Long, thin, slimy ones; Short, fat, juicy ones,
Itsy, bitsy, fuzzy wuzzy worms.

Down goes the first one, down goes the second one,
Oh how they wiggle and squirm.
Up comes the first one, up comes the second one,
Oh how they wiggle and squirm.

Version II
Nobody loves me, everybody hates me
Think I'll go and eat worms
Long ones, short ones, fat ones, thin ones
See how they wriggle and squirm

I bite off the heads, and suck out the juice
And throw the skins away
Nobody knows how fat I grow
On worms three times a day
Ohh...nobody loves me.

Version III:
Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,
Think I'll go eat worms.
Big fat juicy ones, Eensie weensy squeensy ones,
See how they wiggle and squirm.

Chomp off their heads and squeeze out the juice
And throw their tails away
Nobody knows how I survive
On worms three times a day.

Version IV:
Nobody likes me, everybody hates me
I'm goin' down the garden to eat worms
Long thin slimy ones, short fat fuzzy ones
Ooey gooey, ooey gooey worms

Long thin slimy ones slip down easily
Short fat fuzzy ones don't
Short fat fuzzy ones stick to your teeth
And the juice goes slurpin' (slurping noise) down your throat

Corinne.

> Off-topic, apologies!
>
> That's the first time I've heard that expression used by someone outside my
> immediate family (worms etc). Is it widespread, or just Cornish?
>
> Regards
>
> Myra
> OPC Co-ordinator

This thread: