CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2006-10 > 1161138606

From: "Connie Saunders" <>
Subject: [CORNISH] St Piran flag
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 20:30:06 -0600

Hi List,

Back after a 3 week trip to the East of the USA. We traveled 7485 miles.
While going through Michigan between Christmas (yes, that is the name of a
town) and Marquette there where flags out by the driveways going into the
homes. We were really surprised to see the St Piran flag by one of the
driveways. We were really tempted to stop and see if we know the people
flying it. So if you're on the list let me know who you are. Pasties were
advertised on several billboards in this area too. When we stopped at a
visitor center I ask if there were a lot of Cornish in the area with Pasties
being so popular. He said the area was mostly Finnish and talked like the
pasties where their idea.

Connie in wintry Utah (what happened to fall?)

This thread: