CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2007-07 > 1184160280

From: "Diane Donohue" <>
Subject: [CORNISH] CORNISH FAIRINGS
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:24:40 +0100

Recipes differ and it is worth while trying different ones.

However, Don Tremethick's "log roll" is really the best way, rather than
rolling out balls.

My father, who was a Baker, always did them like this.

If you have a fairly even roll and cut this into around 1 inch pieces it
makes fairly good sized biscuits.

When baking do not turn your back for a second they can cook very quickly :)

My father also taught me to bake - which was great for me but not when I
took my first domestic science lesson and started to beat ingredients by
hand. It did not go down well with the teacher.

Serve with a dollop of cornish cream if you are not worried about your
weight - or even if you are - enjoy !

Diane
Kerrier-St Keverne,Manaccan,St Anthony Meneage
Penwith-Perranuthnoe,Zennor
http://cornwall-opc.org/
http://www.cornwall-opc-database.org/
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/Cornwall/