CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2008-01 > 1199762899

From: "Nancy Heydt" <>
Subject: Re: [CORNISH] Nankervis, Curnow and Berryman
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 22:28:19 -0500

John,
On the wild chance, I checked my database for the Cornish in New Jersey. I
have 2 John Nankervis, no Stephen Curnow, and one Andrew Berryman.

John H. Nankervis I found in the Roll Book of the Miners and Mechanics
Benevolent Association of Port Oram (now Wharton), N. J. in 1872-1875. That
is the only book we have so I don't know if he was a member before or after.
And it gives no other information.

John Nankervis also showed up in the M/M roll book so I know there were 2 in
NJ. He was a member only in 1873. The 1880 census shows a John Nankervis
(no middle initial) in Randolph (same area) age 40 (so born ca 1840) living
with William & Sarah Bishop family. he's a bit old for yours.

Andrew Berryman is also in the 1880 census - an iron miner living in
Randolph with wife Christine and daughter Mary E. age 4. He's 29.

Expect you'll hear from Bill Curnow....
Good luck, Nancy