CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2008-08 > 1220232584

From: "Connie Saunders" <>
Subject: Re: [CORNISH] doc martin & other things
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 19:29:44 -0600

Keith, please put the address on the list so all of us can take advantage of
it. Thanks.
Connie in Utah

I was told that the Doc Martin series was filmed at Port Isaac on the North
East coast. It is of particular interest to me because several generations
of my mother's ancestors were Christened and married at St Minver, which is
right next door. I understand the farm used as Aunt Joan's is in the
immediate vicinity of Port Isaac and I fondly imagine my Cornish ancestors,
who were farmers, actually lived there.

My wife and I are too infirm for travel, so we day dream about the scenery
in Doc Martin.

I will send the address of a firm distributing British DVD's in American
format by catalogue off list.

M Keith Abel
Kingston, Ontario, Canada

This thread: