CORNISH-L Archives

Archiver > CORNISH > 2008-11 > 1226575041

From: Heather <>
Subject: Re: [CORNISH] Mining Disasters - Web Site
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:17:21 +0000 (GMT)

Hello Sue
Thanks for that site. I was aware of it as part of my side of the family come from Sunderland and Northumberland..... it was through researching that side for many years that I came across the other Mining site.
As the saying goes, "If you look down any hole in the ground around the world, you'll find a Cornishman digging for tin" (or coal or minerals or precious metals/stones or ore!)
Give my regards to Sunderland.
Best regards
Heather Carbis

Visit my Family Tree's at GOODWIN and GORDON http://heatherac.tribalpages.com CARBIS SPARROW ATTWOOLL http://carbissparrow.tribalpages.com JOLLIFFE MOULAND http://jolliffemouland.tribalpages.com/